WebPagetest Forums
Cannot find compatible php_apc.dll for XAMP stack windows - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Private Instances (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Cannot find compatible php_apc.dll for XAMP stack windows (/showthread.php?tid=12921)

Cannot find compatible php_apc.dll for XAMP stack windows - Raza - 04-17-2014 11:33 AM

Hi,

I am trying to install a private instance of WebPagetest on the intranet at work. For convenience, I have installed an XAMPP stack on a Windows 7 (32 bit) machine. I understand that PHP needs php_apc.dll to do its caching.

My problem is that I have not been able to find any compatible php_apc.dll file for the current version of PHP that is running on Xampp (v 5.9.X). I have attached a screenshot of the error window that pops up when I start the Apache server.

Does anyone know of the latest and greatest dll file that I can use? What do I lose if WebPageTest cannot make use of the above dll file?

Thanks!
Raza

RE: Cannot find compatible php_apc.dll for XAMP stack windows - Raza - 04-18-2014 03:27 AM

My apologies, the PHP version is 5.5.9. The above version in my first post is incorrect.

Thanks!
Safdar

RE: Cannot find compatible php_apc.dll for XAMP stack windows - Raza - 04-23-2014 09:34 AM

I reverted to an earlier version of Xampp (v 3.1.0) and PHP (5.4.7). This solved my problem. So the moral of this thread is to be sensitive about versions of php_apc.dll and php. Some versions may not be compatible. I used the APC version 3.1.13 built against PHP 5.4.7.

I would like this thread to be closed.

Thanks!
Raza