WebPagetest Forums
Is there a size limit when importing ? - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Private Instances (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is there a size limit when importing ? (/showthread.php?tid=14816)

Is there a size limit when importing ? - SteveS - 03-24-2017 01:37 AM

HI,

I have setup my own private instance and followed Michael Klepikov's demo to setup automatically importing performance data at the end of my Selenium tests. Now if the tests are around 3 minutes or less I have no problems and everything works a treat but if they are more, sometimes I have tests lasting 4 - 5 mins then all I see is

"First View: Test Data Missing"

When viewing the imported report, I don't receive any errors during the import and it appears to have worked correctly except the data is missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Steve

RE: Is there a size limit when importing ? - sertovs - 03-24-2017 07:16 PM

The WebPagetest agent is probably trying to upload too large files - over the default limit. See this troubleshooting guide which says "Change upload_max_filesize and post_max_filesize to larger values in php.ini." for the server config. If you are using nginx, the setting is client_max_body_size, for example:
Code:
client_max_body_size = 10M;

If this doesn't fix the issue, you can still take a look at the server logs for clues. Are you trying to run a scripted test?

RE: Is there a size limit when importing ? - SteveS - 03-25-2017 02:00 AM

(03-24-2017 07:16 PM)sertovs Wrote:  The WebPagetest agent is probably trying to upload too large files - over the default limit. See this troubleshooting guide which says "Change upload_max_filesize and post_max_filesize to larger values in php.ini." for the server config. If you are using nginx, the setting is client_max_body_size, for example:
Code:
client_max_body_size = 10M;

If this doesn't fix the issue, you can still take a look at the server logs for clues. Are you trying to run a scripted test?

Thanks I think that was it, I had updated the size limit in the nginx.conf but not php.ini.