WebPagetest Forums
Are WebSockets supported when uploading ChromePerformance logs - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Are WebSockets supported when uploading ChromePerformance logs (/showthread.php?tid=14838)

Are WebSockets supported when uploading ChromePerformance logs - robbiewareham - 04-01-2017 05:46 AM

Hi,

I am capturing chrome performance log for a website that uses websockets.

I can upload the log to my private instance of webpagetest using /import.php, and that is working great.

However, should I be able to see in output any reference to WebSockets and their traffic?

I currently use Browsermob proxy to view traffic but this does not support websockets so was hoping that Chrome Performance Logs uploaded to WebPAgeTest could be a solution that supported websockets.

Thanks

Robbie

RE: Are WebSockets supported when uploading ChromePerformance logs - pmeenan - 04-03-2017 01:28 AM

Nope, WebPageTest doesn't do anything with websockets. It only understands HTTP request/response protocols.

RE: Are WebSockets supported when uploading ChromePerformance logs - robbiewareham - 04-03-2017 07:20 PM

That is a shame. I was hoping that because chrome developer tools has a WebSockets option in the Network tab, it would just work for WebPageTest.

I don't suppose you know of any options to capture and review websocket requests?

RE: Are WebSockets supported when uploading ChromePerformance logs - ankit3794 - 04-11-2019 11:03 PM

Hi,

Are you using API for importing devtools file or doing it by your self.
If Yes, Can you please provide reference(i.e. API documentaion) for this.

Thanks
Ankit