WebPagetest Forums
"First View: Test Data Missing" - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Private Instances (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: "First View: Test Data Missing" (/showthread.php?tid=15024)



"First View: Test Data Missing" - ryanl - 08-25-2017 10:50 PM

I am running the AMI server instance. I have done 0 configuration changes. I have been getting "Test Data Missing" about 1/20 tests. I am not sure how to begin troubleshooting this. Any ideas on where to start? The error logs are empty.

Update: I decided to rerun one of the tests that failed with this error. It failed again for the same reason and took 15+ minutes. I attempted it again and it ran successfully in 30 seconds.

For the first attempt, the node was booting up for the first time, which might be the issue? Is there some internal timeout for a test waiting for a node to boot up?


RE: "First View: Test Data Missing" - Offspring2099 - 10-12-2017 05:57 AM

+1

Private instance. Started happening after upgrading from 3.0 to 17.08. With wptdriver 395.

Below are the url params I'm using to when activating the test through runtest.php.

const PARAMS_MOBILE = [
'f' => 'json',
'iq' => '80',
'location' => 'EC2-WPT_wptdriver:Chrome.custom',
'pngss' => '1',
'timeline' => '1',
'video' => '1',
'mobile' => '1',
'mobileDevice' => 'iPhone6',
'latency' => '100',
'bwDown' => '15000',
'bwUp' => '5000',
'plr' => '0'
];


RE: "First View: Test Data Missing" - Offspring2099 - 10-13-2017 07:09 AM

With little digging, I noticed that those tests have test data missing are failing to extract result data:

02:05 PM root@webpagetest:[/var/www/results/17/10/12/SK/13A]: cat test.log
2017/10/12 21:04:03 - Test Created
2017/10/12 21:04:03 - Starting test (initiated by tester i-b5500515)
2017/10/12 21:04:31 - Test Run Complete. Run: 1, Cached: 0, Done: , Tester: i-b5500515
2017/10/12 21:04:31 - Extracting byte uploaded file '' to './results/17/10/12/SK/13A'
2017/10/12 21:04:31 - Error opening uploaded zip file ''
2017/10/12 21:04:31 - Done Processing. Run: 1, Cached: 0, Done: , Tester: i-b5500515
2017/10/12 21:04:56 - Test Run Complete. Run: 1, Cached: 1, Done: 1, Tester: i-b5500515
2017/10/12 21:04:56 - Extracting 1669528 byte uploaded file '/tmp/phpwOSO4I' to './results/17/10/12/SK/13A'
2017/10/12 21:04:57 - Done Processing. Run: 1, Cached: 1, Done: 1, Tester: i-b5500515
2017/10/12 21:04:57 - Test Complete
2017/10/12 21:04:57 - Test post-processing complete

Perhaps the results payload never makes from the agent. Maybe it's over the weight limit.



**************

[UPDATE]

In '/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini', POST and file limit were misconfigured for us.

Anyways, they were set to:
post_max_size 15M
upload_max_filesize 15M

But need to be set to:
post_max_size = 15M
upload_max_filesize = 15M

Upping (or in our case fixing the limits) seems to have fixed this issue and a few others. I think some of these newer payloads went over the default apache file upload limit.