MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Setting up a separate domain just to "serve static content from a cookieless domain"
Current time: 09-22-2020, 02:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up a separate domain just to "serve static content from a cookieless domain"
03-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi guys,

I'm making progress optimizing our website. We have a Wordpress site with W3TC and we use MaxCDN. One thing that I still have to solve is that our static content, like images, ARE hosted with a CDN through cdn.ourdomain.com (and cdn2.ourdomain.com etc.). But we have cookies set at ourdomain.com and because of this the subdomains have cookies too.

I understand that the only way to solve this is to get a separate domain just for the static files, which is reasonably common it seems. (It's undesirable for us to move the wordpress site to a www. subdomain.)

This is where my noobness comes in. I don't know how to go about this exactly.

We need the extra domain, obviously. But do we need extra hosting? With W3TC I can set up the CDN without actually moving the files to a subdomain. It does that automatically somehow. Does that mean I can set everything up with a separate domain and do the same thing, or do I actually need to buy separate hosting and go about it differently?

Any guidance at all would be appreciated.

I hope my questions are clear, but my knowledge in this area is lacking and this makes my thinking cloudy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Setting up a separate domain just to "serve static content from a cookieless domain" - Gnusmas - 03-05-2013 08:49 AM