Current time: 10-23-2019, 09:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far too complicated for me... Can you help?
10-31-2013, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2013 08:27 AM by robzilla.)
RE: Far too complicated for me... Can you help?
You share a web server with 600+ sites, which is not unusual for shared hosting environments, but from the looks of it your provider is overselling (i.e. putting more websites on a server that can only reasonably handle a smaller number of websites without slowing every one of them down). Pretty much every website that I can find hosted on the same server is as slow as yours (and it's 11pm, not exactly rush hour), so you'll probably want to switch to a different hosting provider. Unfortunately, most (cheaper) shared hosting packages are paid for on a yearly basis, so you may run into some extra costs, but the improvements in terms of speed could be significant. Fortunately, it's fairly straightforward to back up a Wordpress site and reinstall it at a different host.

You say you have worked on other websites; perhaps you can host this site where you host the others?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Far too complicated for me... Can you help? - robzilla - 10-31-2013 08:19 AM