Current time: 12-04-2020, 09:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSafari on real iOS Device
05-29-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: MobileSafari on real iOS Device
Not officially, the code is still in development and has a fair number of rough edges (though it does work). As it stands right now, you need:

- A jailbroken phone (to clear the cache)
- A linux or Mac machine to drive the phone
- The iOS/Chrome dev tools bridge up and running: https://github.com/google/ios-webkit-debug-proxy
- The openUrl app built and installed on the phone
- Possibly some other stuff - I haven't tried it myself yet

We were working on both iOS and Android in parallel but stopped iOS work for a while when kitkat launched with screenrecord (giving us a good way to capture video on Android) so we could launch the Android agent. It will probably be a few months before we get back to working on the iOS agent though there is a lot of interest in it (help is always welcome).

The main things that I think we want to do are:
- Eliminate the jailbreak requirement (see if webkit has a cache clear command that actually works, the normal chrome command doesn't)
- Replace the openURL project with something off the shelf that can launch safari (maybe something in libimobiledevice)

Video capture is likely to be an ongoing problem for iOS and it's critical for a lot of the visual metrics - would be great if that space improved as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MobileSafari on real iOS Device - sidbala - 05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
RE: MobileSafari on real iOS Device - pmeenan - 05-29-2014 05:59 AM