Current time: 10-21-2020, 01:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used
11-09-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 04:36 AM by pjc123.)
RE: Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used
(11-09-2014 03:15 AM)JMTC Wrote:  In the Page Rules you can set 'respect existing headers', and then it uses the expire headers set by W3TC in the .htaccess file. Or if you don't want to use Page Rules, the minimum expire TTL can be set in Settings -> Performance Settings tab -> Minimum expire TTL.

I set up the page rule, and I am now seeing opening web site First Byte Times way lower than I have ever seen before, as in an order of magnitude lower on some test runs, so that is fantastic. I am still getting an "F" for static content, but the page rule eliminated the opening page url static cache error (I gather that is what fixed the long opening page First Byte Times); all that is left is the google font static cache error, but you already showed how to take care of that. I am still getting Warnings (not Errors) for the 4 hour cloudflare page expires, but I suspect that is not important.

Once they patch the Page Builder plugin, I will be good to go.

EDIT #1: (11-17-2014): SOLVED: Page Builder 1.5.4 was released today and between that fix and some of the other fixes that JMTC suggested I am now seeing speeds comparable to my previous RVSiteBuilder built site.

EDIT #2: (11-28-2014): FURTHER SPEED ENHANCMENT: I was able to get another big speed increase by following this guide, which has recommended settings for W3 Total Cache when used in conjunction with Cloudflare:

https://www.besthostnews.com/guide-to-w3...loudflare/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used - pjc123 - 11-09-2014 04:45 AM