Current time: 01-18-2021, 06:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Run Long TTFB, Second Run Much Faster
12-06-2014, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 04:35 AM by deforeman@gmail.com.)
RE: First Run Long TTFB, Second Run Much Faster
(12-06-2014 12:44 AM)josephscott Wrote:  That TTFB is definitely slow. As to the question of will HostGator fix it, only HostGator can truly answer that question.

Thanks for your response joseph.

Having researched a bit more about the HostGator/EIG business strategy, I moved the structuredfoundationrepairshouston.com domain to SITE5 cloud-based reseller hosting.

Without any changes to the website, and without the CloudFlare CDN used on the old HostGator host account, structuredfoundationrepairshouston.com reduced its homepage load time by 70%! (4.97sec vs 1.49sec)

Here is the latest wpt.org run:
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/141205_DT_YH9/

Regarding the "mod_rewrite" setting, I have tried to implement this as you suggest but have not yet succeeded. I get "500" server errors. Clearly it is pilot error on my part and I will keep trying to make it work.

Still, consistent load times under 1.5 secs (one-and-one-half seconds) for Cable 5/1 shaping is easy for me to live with.

I'll be experimenting with CloudFlare to see if that will further reduce the load times.

Thanks again for your help!
Dennis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Run Long TTFB, Second Run Much Faster - deforeman@gmail.com - 12-06-2014 04:32 AM