Current time: 09-19-2020, 09:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBT varies greatly between tests
06-30-2015, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 07:55 AM by graphicsxp.)
RE: FBT varies greatly between tests
Probably the cache expires because I'm working on it and I've been purging cache quite often in the last hour. Otherwise it is set to default value of 1H, which I think is good.
I do use the prime cache feature already (900 seconds interval and 50 pages per interval)

I have installed a fresh wordpress and I accessed it via another domain name (on the same server). No plugins and no content obviously, but he ftb gave me a grade D, so I think this is pretty bad.

I went back to my main website, de-activated all plugins, reset to default wordpress theme and even restarted the server to free up some ram... Still getting a bad TTFB

BUT... I had forgotten the trailing slash as you mentionned it. Just run the test on an inner page with the trailing slash and I'm getting a grade A. What puzzles me is why on first view the TTFB is 0.172 and on repeat view it is 0.722.

I'm surprised you got 2s. It might be that you run the test when I had just restarted the server or something like that...

oh and I've run the test again with Google Page Speed. This time with a trailing slash and I no longer get the warning about slow ttfb, and my score is much higher.
It looks like this was the biggest issue and I was not running the tests against the correct url

And also, I just re-activated Cloudflare and now my TTFB is back to grade B or lower. I've read somewhere that webpagetest does not play nice with cloudflare. In fact, google page speed keeps telling me the server responds fast, so nothing to worry about. Just in case you wonder why my TTFB is no longer grade A Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBT varies greatly between tests - graphicsxp - 06-30-2015 07:09 AM