The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Current time: 11-19-2019, 05:47 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership Plugin Doesn't Allow Caching, Speed Thoughts?
10-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Membership Plugin Doesn't Allow Caching, Speed Thoughts?
I'm running the MemberMouse plugin as part of a specific WordPress course theme called Course Cats. MM recommends I don't use caching, since it messes with the plugin's ability to do its business.

But, my sales page is returning some horribly slow numbers and I'm not sure what to do. I'm planning on upgrading the hosting to a better server, but I've got a few days until that goes through.

In the meantime, I've tried caching (it did, in fact, break the plugin) and compressing the images (seemed to actually increase loading time) without much luck.

The load time is 19 seconds, first byte is 8.748s, start render is 11.292s.

The second request in the waterfall that seems to just be accessing the site takes SIX seconds. I have no idea what that's all about. I am using an SSL, so I don't know if it has something to do with that. Later on, there's an additional request to the site that takes an additional 6.5 seconds. These seem like two of the big things to cut down, but I have no idea what's causing those to be so slow.

Not sure if I'm allowed to share this, but here's the WPT:
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/151022...1/details/

I'd love some insight. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Membership Plugin Doesn't Allow Caching, Speed Thoughts? - bryandavidcohen - 10-22-2015 11:32 PM