Current time: 12-15-2017, 08:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux AMI test agents - firefox works, chrome only works once.
10-25-2017, 12:43 AM
Linux AMI test agents - firefox works, chrome only works once.
Hi all,

After some more digging into my issue with my webpagetest setup in amazon ec2, I've just discovered that it depends on the browser to be used on the test as to whether the server will give the agent subsequent tests, or just the first one.

If the agent has never run a test (new agent instance) the server will give it a test, not dependant on the browser.

If the agent has run a test, it seems the server will only give it the next test to run if that test is for Firefox or Firefox nightly, as so soon as the next test to run is for Chrome/Chrome Beta or Chrome Canary, the server never hands out the work, and so the test queue doesn't get processed.

This happens until the server terminates the instance, then a new server gets created, can run one chrome test, then the server stops giving it work again.

So, for the moment I can run tests time after time after time with Firefox, but, as we all know, chrome is the dominant browser, and it would be really great if anyone could help in tracking down this issue :-)

-John.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Linux AMI test agents - firefox works, chrome only works once. - Roamer - 10-25-2017 12:43 AM