Chrome and firefox help
01-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Chrome and firefox help
So I cant seem to get things working for Chrome and firefox . I think its my location and labeling thats mixed up, not sure. I could be missing something in the instructions too.
Alright here we go, if I understand correctly ( 50/50 chance here - your prob thinking less ) to get Chrome and Firefox to work in need to do the following.
Chrome and Firefox Setup
1. Configure the test system to automatically log-on to an administrator account. Running "control userpasswords2" from the start menu is one way to configure it.
2. Disable any screen savers (the desktop needs to remain visible for the video capture to work)
3. Disable UAC (Vista or later - slide to "never notify")
4. Uninstall IE Enhanced-Security Mode (Windows Server)
5. Copy the test software from the agent folder to the system (to "c:\webpagetest" for this example)
6. Install the DUMMYNET ipfw driver
o Pull up the properties for the Network Adapter that is used to access the Internet
o Click "Install"
o Select "Service" and click "Add"
o Click "Have Disk" and navigate to c:\webpagetest\dummynet
o Select the ipfw+dummynet service (and click through any warnings about the driver being unsigned)
7. Create a shortcut to c:\webpagetest\dummynet\ipfw.cmd in the startup folder
8. Create a shortcut to c:\webpagetest\urlblast.exe in the startup folder
9. Make a copy of the settings file (urlblast.ini) based on the sample
o Give it the path to the server (default configuration points to a server on the local machine)
o Configure the location to match the location defined on the server in locations.ini (if modified)
o Configure the location key to match the server in locations.ini (if modified)
o Add "Use Current Account=1" to urlblast.ini <-is that the chrome frame in a nut shell?
10. Chrome testing can be configured to run on the same machine as Internet Explorer (tests will not run at the same time, they will alternate)
11. Install Chrome
12. Create a shortcut to c:\webpagetest\wptdriver.exe in the startup folder
13. Make a copy of the settings file (wptdriver.ini) based on the sample
o Make sure the path to the Chrome executable is correct for your system
o Configure the location to match the location defined on the server in locations.ini
o Configure the location key to match the server in locations.ini
o Copy the sample chrome extension directory to somewhere like c:\webpagetest and change the options flag to reflect the new location
14. Reboot to make sure everything starts up correctly
Is that right?
|Messages In This Thread|
Chrome and firefox help - mikemontrel - 01-11-2012 01:52 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)