Current time: 12-17-2017, 11:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
redirects confuse FF-measurements
02-16-2012, 03:07 AM
RE: redirects confuse FF-measurements
Try grabbing the update again, I had to roll out a fix for Chrome 17 when it launched.

wptupdate.* is for the Chrome/Firefox support (wptdriver) and update.* is for the IE code (urlblast, etc). Eventually IE will migrate to use wptdriver as well and it will be brought together.

Thanks,

-Pat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Hi,
we're using wpt version 2.5 with your agent-patch and we know observe another failure of the same FF-Job (see above):
Approximately every 60 job-runs doc ready- AND fully loaded-time are about 0.1 seconds and the result doesn't contain any request-data at all. Screenshot shows our wait-page. The Measurement stopped after onload-event of first html-request apparently. Interestingly that happens either in first view (measurement of second view OK) or in second view (measurement of first view OK than).
Regards, Nils

Attachement shows a result with failed first view-measurement.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
11-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi,
is your agent-fix for firefox-measurements included in version 2.7.2 and/or in version 2.8?
We actually have the effect of measured wait-pages where redirects are involved with wpt-instances version 2.7.2 and 2.8.
I reproduced that on public instance: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/121122_Q3_FMN/
Regards Nils
12-13-2012, 11:45 PM
(11-23-2012 02:46 AM)nilskuhn Wrote:  Hi,
is your agent-fix for firefox-measurements included in version 2.7.2 and/or in version 2.8?
We actually have the effect of measured wait-pages where redirects are involved with wpt-instances version 2.7.2 and 2.8.
I reproduced that on public instance: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/121122_Q3_FMN/
Regards Nils

Are there any news on this topic?
I also noticed that problem today with wpt 2.8 and "execAndWait" which does not wait for all browser activity to complete. Instead it stops waiting after the first page is loaded. It would be helpful if it would also wait for javascript calls which may redirect to further URLs.
Currently I don't have a proper workaround for that.

Thanks in advance,

Kai