Current time: 12-12-2017, 11:09 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions for more speed
03-06-2012, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 10:58 AM by doc_uk.)
RE: Suggestions for more speed
Hmm, I can see where you are going with the js idea. The animation doesn't start doing anything until jquery reports the page as ready (even render the animation if the instructions to it are correct). The animation js takes an ordered list and converts it into an animation, but the list has to be there in html first.
I haven't got as far as cookies and subdomains etc yet because of the base problem - more work needed.
Anyone noticed where Google analytics are? I reckon a 0.1 second saving there.
Thanks
Doc

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 03:39 AM
You have something in between your js and the page content that appears to be breaking IE's lookahead parser/prefetcher (break in the waterfall at 1.2s). IE can be particularly fussy and prone to problems around there but getting some more parallelism there would get you a few tenths of a second. From the looks of the HTML it looks like the IE conditional comment is to blame - if you put an empty conditional comment up at the top of the HTML it should hopefully eliminate the blocking.

Here is the main article from Stoyan I use as a reference on the conditional comment issue: http://www.phpied.com/conditional-commen...downloads/

As far as static content goes, for WebPagetest it pretty much considers anything without an explicit nocache or private as being static :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi
Finally had time to play a bit more. I took the IE conditional comment for the extra CSS out to test it, it made no difference.
Anyone got any other ideas?
Thanks
Doc
Find all posts by this user