Current time: 11-01-2014, 03:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Strange results for an https test on github
04-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Post: #1
Strange results for an https test on github
Howdy,

I ran a couple of tests on github yesterday and got some really confusing results:

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120411_33_3XRJ5/

and

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120411_S4_3XRHG/

in particular I noticed the chrome test makes little sense, and the IE one is reporting that certain resources have no expires set, even though I can see the expires header in chrome dev tools

Any idea what is going on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 05:01 AM
Post: #2
RE: Strange results for an https test on github
Chrome is a known issue where SSL and SPDY requests are not being decoded. I have a fix that I hope to implement in the next week or so (assuming things don't get too crazy).

I'm not sure why the resources look the way they do in IE but the strange part is that the headers look reasonable and some of the HTTPS resources DO have expires times on them. Do you see it consistently for the same resources? I'm wondering if maybe something funky happened with the akamai edge node that the WPT agent hit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Post: #3
RE: Strange results for an https test on github
Interesting, I just tried again on ie9 and got the missing expires.

And I was wondering ... maybe this is happening cause akami are implementing http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/arch...-slow.aspx improperly

Github should really get on their case
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Post: #4
RE: Strange results for an https test on github
I don't think it's that issue but it may be similar logic of some kind (and I'm not sure that it's on Akamai's end). Looking at the responses themselves, it looks like all of the css and js are being served without cache control headers but all of the images are.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Post: #5
RE: Strange results for an https test on github
Actually, check that - fetched the resource directly from github and the headers look a lot better: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120413...1/details/

Definitely getting messed up going through Akamai.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)