Current time: 12-11-2017, 10:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Firefox config
01-24-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Problems with Firefox config
You need to put the zip file and ini in work/update on the server (or delete the files that are there). Otherwise the one you copy to the agent directory will automatically revert itself when you start it up. The agents auto-install from the server if the version number does not match what is on the server (makes it easier to deploy updates and revert if something goes wrong).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply, i was away for a while. Per the firefox 18 fix, i've downloaded both the files update.zip and wptupdate.zip from the URL mentioned and then deleted all the files from ~/www/work/update and then placed the downloaded zipped files - update.zip & wptupdate.zip along with update.ini & wptupdate.ini (extracted from the zip files) on to the folder there. I also replaced the extracted contents from those zip files on to ~/agent directory, but still there's no improvement, i mean, the problem still persists Sad.
Find all posts by this user
07-28-2013, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 04:51 AM by rvini2006.)
Hi

I'm facing the same issue with firefox. I'm using 2.9 version of private instance and have firefox version 22. The setup works well for IE9 and chrome, but not on firefox. I'm running this on a 64bit machine with Server 2008 R2 OS.
Any hint to resolve this would be of great help.

Further analysis into the code I found that flow is breaking at openUILink(url, where, isThirdPartyFixupAllowed, postData, referrerUrl); in overlay.js (part of extensions). I tried commenting this line and using window.open(url), and was successful in opening the url and getting the test data. However had issue in closing the original window. I found that openUILink(...) method is part of utilityoverlay.js, not sure if I need to make any entry so that this js is recognized. can you please let me know how openUILink(..) setup needs to be done?

Thanks
07-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi , I made a temporary fix for this. used - gBrowser.selectedTab = gBrowser.addTab(url); instead of openUILink(...)