Current time: 09-18-2019, 05:31 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revisiting browser and connectivity defaults
03-15-2013, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 10:03 PM by vovone.)
RE: Revisiting browser and connectivity defaults
(03-15-2013 10:56 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  The more data I look at the more comfortable I get with switching to the 5Mbps cable profile as well though I still worry for the sites that do no testing at lower bandwidths and shove 4+MB of data down to users on each page view....

Maybe it's an idea to add a line or table to the final results page with a calculated (rough) estimated load time for the other line speeds. I'm sure you have enough data on the line speeds to make some pretty close estimate calculations. Even when people just tend to test only on speed, the default or not, you still make them aware in the overview of the (estimated) other line speed load time.

Adding 'warning colors' for page load times higher than whatever currently 'the golden rule' is, might get that 4+MB warning and awareness job done better. I know from my experience with customers, that most people are very motivated to get most of those colors on the WPT page as green as possible, even in the EU, where F->A doesn't tell them that much (We're more 1->10 kinda people Wink )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revisiting browser and connectivity defaults - vovone - 03-15-2013 10:01 PM