Current time: 12-11-2017, 11:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability to specify a DNS Resolver
08-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Ability to specify a DNS Resolver
It would be real helpful to have a setDnsResolver as a verb in the scripting to use a google or custom dns resolver to measure the impact of dns on webperf apart from doing some a/b testing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 05:28 AM
RE: Ability to specify a DNS Resolver
The IE agent supports it but it isn't something I have implemented for the Chrome/Firefox testing. It's not documented because I didn't plan on supporting it long-term but you can do:

setDNSServers 4.4.4.4,4.4.8.8
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2013, 08:37 AM
(08-09-2013 05:28 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  The IE agent supports it but it isn't something I have implemented for the Chrome/Firefox testing. It's not documented because I didn't plan on supporting it long-term but you can do:

setDNSServers 4.4.4.4,4.4.8.8

Thats nice! Thank you
12-04-2014, 10:22 PM
wondering if there is any update on this - and if there is plan on supporting DNS resolver for chrome,firefox..

i tried to use setDNSServers on chrome and IE on latest WPT- but did not seem like it worked.
12-04-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't see getting time to implement for at least the next 3 months. I'll happily accept a pull request if someone wants to port the code from urlblaster to wptdriver but otherwise it's probably not worth counting on (higher priority stuff always comes up).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user