Current time: 09-16-2019, 06:13 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMI with IE 10
03-28-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: AMI with IE 10
Sorry, EC2's AMI search is somewhat busted. I just updated the docs with info on how to find them for manual launching:

- Do NOT search for the AMI in the Images->AMIs interface
- Go to Instances->Instances (or spot instances)
- Launch Instance
- Select "Community AMIs"
- Check "Windows"
- Put the AMI ID in the search box and hit enter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 04:43 AM
Okay, so I created the AMI with IE11 and the box is running, but unfortunately it isn't checking in with IE. When I remote desktop to the box I can see Chrome start and run tests, but IE 11 never runs. On getTesters.php I see the AMI, but "IE Version" is blank. I updated my locations.ini to include IE 11 on the browser line, but still no dice. Is there something special I need to do to get the agent to check-in?
04-15-2014, 04:58 AM
(04-15-2014 04:43 AM)jklein Wrote:  Okay, so I created the AMI with IE11 and the box is running, but unfortunately it isn't checking in with IE. When I remote desktop to the box I can see Chrome start and run tests, but IE 11 never runs. On getTesters.php I see the AMI, but "IE Version" is blank. I updated my locations.ini to include IE 11 on the browser line, but still no dice. Is there something special I need to do to get the agent to check-in?

It should work out of the box. getTesters.php shows blank for IE 10/IE 11 AMIs for me as well.

Try looking at getLocations.php. You can also attempt to start a test manually through the cli with the location <location_name>_wptdriver:IE 11

Here's my working config:

[<location>_wptdriver]
browser=IE 11,Chrome,Firefox
Find all posts by this user
04-15-2014, 06:36 AM
So this is super interesting. The browser shows up on getLocations.php, but when I try to start a test I get the following error:

The test failed to run.
Invalid Browser Selected: IE 11

This is coming from wptdriver itself, when the _settings.SetBrowser call fails.

I rebuilt the agent (on a small instance instead of a micro) and now I see IE running tests successfully, but even in the test history for those exact tests I see the same error that I pasted above.

I'm running the latest private instance install (2.14) and the agent is version 2.14.0.170 as per getTesters.