Current time: 11-26-2020, 12:02 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow website; what's your take on this?
04-02-2014, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 10:01 PM by JMTC.)
RE: Slow website; what's your take on this?
(04-01-2014 05:58 PM)JMTC Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 03:56 PM)Funkerman88 Wrote:  JMTC, that sounds weird, when you ask why it is slow http://screencast.com/t/dYoLTY6Lgp

you show a waterfall for Russia and Tokyo, of course, it must take lots of time for the bytes to fly almost half the world from USA server to RUSSIA or TOKYO servers )))
That also surprised me when I looked into the waterfalls, but discarded it since, according to IPLocationfinder, that IP is based in San Francisco, California. Since Cloudflare has no data centre in that city*, while its offices are in San Francisco, I thought that was an "administrative IP" from CloudFlare (if such a thing exists).

Does that reasoning make sense or should the IP address from CloudFlare's data centre show up in the test results?
I contacted CloudFlare support regarding this, and they directed me to the following help page: What do the CloudFlare location codes mean?

If I do a traceroute to the website from my location, the IP at which the traceroute ends is an California IP address. But if I follow the approach outlined in that help article, it shows that I'm redirected to the most nearby European data centre. So that seems to work correctly.

The displayed IP address in Webpagetest's results, when one is using CloudFlare, therefore do not seem to reflect the CDN data centre that was used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slow website; what's your take on this? - JMTC - 04-02-2014 09:59 PM