Current time: 12-17-2017, 06:45 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing CDN
07-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Passing CDN
My CDN results are only 2%. How can I improve it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2014, 06:34 AM
RE: Passing CDN
Do you have a link to your test result? It should provide a list of assets that were not served from a CDN that it thought should be. Also, what is your user base? If you have users from around the world then it makes a lot of sense but if your users are all from one region then it may not be necessary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2014, 08:41 PM
I lost the previous test result. So, I run again the test result. Here is the result.
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140804_N6_D1X/
08-05-2014, 02:47 AM
Looking at your current results it looks like all of your static content is served from the main domain. If you want to use a CDN you can either sign up for one that lets you run your main HTML through it (like Cloudflare) or move all of your images, js and css to a static domain that is on a CDN.

If your user base is all local to the UK you probably don't want a CDN though so just make sure it actually makes sense. They will make it faster for a global audience but things might actually get slower for visits from the UK.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks Patrick for that advise.
08-14-2014, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2014 01:17 AM by mrPerezMarc.)
You could load more items in parallel by creating a new cname and pointing it to your image folder and load 50% of your images from http://www.best-pestcontrol.co.uk & img.best-pestcontrol.co.uk