Current time: 12-09-2019, 06:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
setDNSName is not working in the script
07-23-2014, 12:51 AM
setDNSName is not working in the script
Hi all,

I have run some tests today by the following script (all site names and CNAME changed)

navigate http://www.site.com
setDNSName http://www.site.com test.cdn.com

But setDNSName command was not used, because I could see the site to be loaded from the real origin. I have been running similar tests using the script many times before and all was OK. But now it is not working with all the sites I've tried. I have even tried to enter the setDNSname to the non-existing CNAME, and I still would get a normal page from the origin.
If I open some of my old tests using the links I have saved and re-run the test with the same settings, it works and I get the page over the proxy I specify with setdnsname.

Development team, have you been changing something with scripting? I would be very grateful, if you could take a look at this issue ASAP.
I have tried using setDns to specify the IP address of the proxy server, and it works OK. But it is not suitable for me, because I need the CNAME record to be used.

Thanks,

Rokas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: setDNSName is not working in the script
Try reversing the order, you need to set the DNS name before doing the navigation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2014, 02:44 AM
(07-23-2014 01:25 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  Try reversing the order, you need to set the DNS name before doing the navigation.

Hi,

I've tried it - same result, does not work either. Actually it was working OK during my earlier tests. Maybe webpagetest.org has released a new version? I see there is some Pagespeed information being shown...

Thanks,

Rokas
07-23-2014, 02:50 AM
Do you have links to both a working and failed test? I can compare the scripts and see what is different. You also need to make sure the script is tab-delimited.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2014, 05:45 AM
(07-23-2014 02:50 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  Do you have links to both a working and failed test? I can compare the scripts and see what is different. You also need to make sure the script is tab-delimited.

I have rewrote the script with tabs instead of spaces and now everything works OK! I guess I have accidentally added some spaces instead of tabs when modifying scripts.

Thank you very much!