Current time: 06-01-2020, 03:57 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used
11-08-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 07:14 AM by JMTC.)
RE: Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used
WordPress can be made quite quickly with CF, at least in my case when all pages are static html and served from the CF data centre.

If I were you, I'd do a few things to start with (random order):

1) Disable all plugins and re-enable them one-by-one to see which plugin makes the admin-ajax.php call. Then remove that plugin.

2) Combine the css into one file. You can use a FireFox plugin like Dust Me to further reduce the css file sizes because you probably have a lot of redundant CSS code (but delete thoughtfully). Dequeue the styles set by plugins once you've combined everything (Google WordPress' `wp_deregister_style` and `wp_dequeue_style`).

3) Test to see if your JavaScript can be loaded asynchronous or deferred.

4) Combine the Javascript into one or two files. You'll need to dequeue the scripts set by WordPress for that (Google for `wp_deregister_script` that can be placed in functions.php).

5) I'd personally also remove the webfonts and replace them with websafe fonts that don't require resources (see http://www.cssfontstack.com/ for an overview of websafe fonts you can use).

6) You also call Google Analytics twice (ga.js, resource 37, and analytics.js, resource 27). You only need one, and ga.js is asynchronous so I'd use that one.

7) I'd set the caching of the static assets (js, css, png, etc) far in the future, like one year. You can set that on the 'Browser Cache' settings page of W3TC.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used - JMTC - 11-08-2014 07:07 AM