Current time: 12-11-2019, 02:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Byte Time “FBT” findings and research results
07-29-2015, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 01:46 PM by Anton Chigurh.)
RE: First Byte Time “FBT” findings and research results
(07-29-2015 12:58 PM)GreenGecko Wrote:  I keep stressing that the size of the images makes absolutely no difference to the TTFB. It's just payload, whereas the TTFB is concerned with the delivery of the html framework that all these images are placed.
So that, with everything else the same and we have poor FBT, when we test a page in our site with no images and not a lot of "payload" maybe 200kb or so, magically we get greatly improved FBT. Every time.

No one is saying the size of images are related to FBT. Bloat is a separate consideration but it is a much more important one than FBT.
Quote:In addition, CloudFlare IS NOT A CDN.
Tell Patrick that. WPT scores CF as a CDN and it is considered a CDN for the context of the testing. Sites using Cloudflare, when you look in the test results to see what CDNs it has, you see "CDNs used; Cloudflare." Additionally, when you look up CDN most anywhere, CF is listed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_de..._providers

I think it is okay to call it a CDN if Patrick and the rest of the world does.

Not sure how many times I need to demonstrate that getting rid of excess bloat helps the FBT as well as the rest of the performance measurements. I've only done it for dozens of sites.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Byte Time “FBT” findings and research results - Anton Chigurh - 07-29-2015 01:41 PM