Current time: 12-14-2017, 04:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To test IOS devices
09-09-2015, 08:36 AM
To test IOS devices
Hello everyone:

We are setting up a private instance to test performance on ipad and iphone. We can see a few instructions for IOS devices on https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.o...gent/setup , but I meet a problem when I try the command:

wptdriver.sh \
-m debug \
--browser ios:0088a434deadbeef \
--serverUrl example.com \
--location Ipad\
--processvideo yes

I have to set a browser, I opened wptdriver.sh and tried to read. I find it seems there's no according browser for ios devices, but only for addroid and chrome...

Does it mean we have to use mobitest agent to support IOS devices?

I've made this configuration in locations.ini on my host:

[locations]
11=Office

[Office]
1=Ipad

[Ipad]
browser="Safari"
label="Safari"
type="node.js,mobile"
connectivity="Wifi"

Thanks for any help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: To test IOS devices
Mobitest is an app that polls the WPT server for work, and then loads the page in a WebView.

The NodeJS and iOS device are a better equivalent, and only launch Safari

Andy

Using WebPageTest - http://usingwpt.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Also, did you use that wptdriver.sh command literally? You need to replace the device ID with the ID of your actual device and the server URL with your actual server.
09-09-2015, 11:40 PM
(09-09-2015 10:44 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  Also, did you use that wptdriver.sh command literally? You need to replace the device ID with the ID of your actual device and the server URL with your actual server.

Thanks for your remind, I will replace the device ID and Url.
What makes me most confused is the browser argument, we can see your code of wptdriver.bat:

echo -b, --browser VALUE Browser type, which must be one of:
echo chrome # Local Chrome browser
echo android:DID # Android device id
echo Defaults to 'chrome'.

We'd like to make tests on Ipad safari. Is there an option for Ipad safari?

Thanks,
09-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Yes, the ios:<device id> line you have above will launch Safari on an iOS device (iPad included). The iOS support is just becoming stable though it's still under VERY active development so don't be surprised if there are a few rough edges (and a lot more limitations than the android testing).
09-09-2015, 11:46 PM
(09-09-2015 06:46 PM)andydavies Wrote:  Mobitest is an app that polls the WPT server for work, and then loads the page in a WebView.

The NodeJS and iOS device are a better equivalent, and only launch Safari

Hmm... But from wptdriver.bat, it seems only launch chrome, could you please show me how to lauch Safari?

Thanks,
09-09-2015, 11:50 PM
--browser chrome - launches Chrome on the local desktop (support is really sketchy and not well tested)

--browser android:DID - launches Chrome on the android device specified by DID (should be pretty stable and is the best supported from the node agent)

--browser ios:DID - launches Safari on the iOS device specified by DID (Should work though I just started using it this week on the public instance and there are still a lot of rough edges - under heavy active development as issues are discovered)
09-09-2015, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 12:06 AM by matthew.)
(09-09-2015 11:44 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  Yes, the ios:<device id> line you have above will launch Safari on an iOS device (iPad included). The iOS support is just becoming stable though it's still under VERY active development so don't be surprised if there are a few rough edges (and a lot more limitations than the android testing).

Hmm... I still get "Unknown browser ios"
The command I'm trying is:
pathTo\wptdriver.bat -m debug --browser iso:DMPKJ086FAKE --serverUrl http://myurl --location Ipad --processvideo yes -apiKey=my_api_key

Need I update my wptdriver somewhere? I'm using the release 2.18.

Thanks,
09-11-2015, 12:13 AM
If you want to test iOS you'll probably want to grab from trunk on github as I've been doing a lot of work on it over the last 2 weeks.

That said, that device ID doesn't look right - the device ID's are like 40-character strings. Once you grab from trunk you can see a list of the attached device ID's by running "lib/ios/video/xrecord -q -l"
09-16-2015, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015 02:57 AM by matthew.)
(09-11-2015 12:13 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  If you want to test iOS you'll probably want to grab from trunk on github as I've been doing a lot of work on it over the last 2 weeks.

That said, that device ID doesn't look right - the device ID's are like 40-character strings. Once you grab from trunk you can see a list of the attached device ID's by running "lib/ios/video/xrecord -q -l"

Exactly, my DID is not correct. Thank you.

We find the code in wptdriver.bat are less developed than wptdriver.sh, and this is why my -ios argument saying invalide browser. I have made some changes to have the ios argument:
Code:
for %%I in (%AGENT%\lib\ios\openURL\openURL*.ipa) do set URL_APP=%%I
if defined URL_APP set "URL_APP_ARGS= --iosUrlOpenerApp  ^"%URL_APP%^""

if "%BROWSER%"=="ios" (
  set KNOWN_BROWSER=1
  set "BROWSER_ARGS= --browser browser_ios.BrowserIos --deviceSerial %DEVICE_SERIAL% --captureDir ^"%AGENT%\lib\capture^" --iosIDeviceDir ^"%AGENT%\lib\ios\idevice\Darwin x86_64^" --iosDevImageDir ^"%AGENT%\lib\ios\DeviceSupport"^ --iosSshProxyDir ^"%AGENT%\lib\ios\usbmux_python_client"^ --iosVideoDir ^"%AGENT%\lib\ios\video^" %URL_APP_ARGS%"
)

We run the wptdriver.bat command but get:
Code:
W Sep_15_11:38:03.375 C:\webpagetest\mobile\src\wpt_client.js:512 Client.<anonym
ous> : Agent is not ready: ssh -F /dev/null -i undefined/.ssh/id_dsa_ios -o 'Pro
xyCommand="^C:\webpagetest\mobile\\lib\ios\usbmux_python_client^/sshproxy.py" -u
%h' -o 'User=root' 395d0d4e30d832a2b94c0fb6fac9cd6999064698 'echo show State:/N
etwork/Interface/en0/IPv4|scutil' failed, code -4058

From the error message, I can see a ssh command. I just suspect if the ios devices tests are only supported on Linux OS at this moment? I have to set up a linux agent to test ios devices?

For the ssh keys, I generated and put the private key on my ipad ~/.ssh/id_dsa_ios, and put the public key on my windows c:/Users/webpagetest/.ssh/authorized_keys

Thanks,