Current time: 04-01-2020, 03:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help: Very slow "Start Render" time
10-31-2015, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 10:31 PM by akshayranganath.)
RE: Please help: Very slow "Start Render" time
Here's a few things that can reduce the start render by a small amount: You are using a lot of different CSS and JS files. Try to merge them into a single file. This will avoid network round trips. The resulting file will compress better as well.

If you want to get into more complex optimization, consider if you really need all the JS files CSS resources or if they can be loaded using async or if they can be defered until after the page onload. eg: If you run your site home page through the Google PageSpeed, it says that there are a lot of render blocking JS and CSS objects. If you can make them async or defer, you should see improvements.
https://developers.google.com/speed/page...ab=desktop

To test this theory, I tried to load the site with Javascript disabled. You have done a very good job where almost the whole site loads with no JS support. The only objects missing were a few menu items. If this is the case, then I'd recommend that you try adding the "async" attribute to all your JS calls. It is definitely worth a shot.

Of course, please try on a test domain and check so that you don't impact any site functionality.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to add: Your DOM processing takes a lot of time as well. After the low hanging changes are done, you could consider if there is something to simply in your page structure. Here's a DOM complexity report that appears to indicate the same:
http://yellowlab.tools/result/e8o2dxhczc

Follow me on twitter: @rakshay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help: Very slow "Start Render" time - akshayranganath - 10-31-2015 10:29 PM