Current time: 01-23-2021, 01:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding my results: slow load times
01-04-2016, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 01:30 PM by Anton Chigurh.)
RE: Understanding my results: slow load times
Your main problem is bloat. How fast does anyone expect over 5.6 megabytes to load on a browser? That is equivalent to a five and a half minute CD quality mp3 file! Show me a fat site and I will show you a slow site, every time.

First main way to address this bloat is by following the suggestions in the post above about optimizing these images. The massive png image pointed out above needs to be turned into a progressive jpg since it's not a transparency or anything special. This will eliminate 1mb of load right there without changing anything else!

That's true of ALL these massive png images you're using. List populated here.

You're also scaling these images in the code to appear smaller in dimensions than they are, on the rendered page. But this does not affect the file size of these images - the entire image still loads on the browser no matter how small you make it appear to be.

Also - every image in your slideshow loads regardless of what the visitor is actually seeing.

IE11 is seeing even more calls and more MB than IE 10 you used to test, is.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160104_VD_1PQ/

Fully 72 percent of your page load is images.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Understanding my results: slow load times - Anton Chigurh - 01-04-2016 10:40 AM