Current time: 12-06-2019, 01:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results chnage dramatically within one day
06-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Results chnage dramatically within one day
Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and I am coming with a strong scent of desperation.

I test the pagespeed and other metrics of several webites every day. Of course you can see reasonable deviation from day to day but for the past 3 days the results have been off.

Load time (First and repeat view) have increased on all websites by at leaast 50% and up to almost 100% on some of them.

I am by far not an expert but have looked around a bit and couldnt find a reason for far and hope that somebody here can help me.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160610_KV_DW4/

Thanks a lot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Results chnage dramatically within one day
Hello,

Given the results you really should spend time to :
  • combine CSS / JS files . You load 14 CSS and 28 JS ! And some CSS are redirected so you spent each time a delay to get the right URL resource.
  • reduce the number of hosted domains : too much domains are called so each time browser have to make a DNS resolution... And for some domains to load only one resource

The load times can be different over days because the webpage load different third party tools : analytics (google + xiti) and adservers, that impact load time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2016, 04:44 AM
RE: Results chnage dramatically within one day
Do you have links to fast and slow tests? I also recommend ALWAYS running more than 1 run to make sure you didn't catch an outlier. The test you linked to looked like it was using 100% CPU loading the page and was probably CPU-constrained. Could be from content changes or possibly something going on with the EC2 instance it is running on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user