Current time: 12-12-2017, 02:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct location/browser/connectivity settings for mobile test triggered via API?
02-15-2017, 06:59 AM
RE: Correct location/browser/connectivity settings for mobile test triggered via API?
What device are you trying to test against? Only the Dulles_MotoG location is available for API testing. Specifically location=Dulles_MotoG:Motorola+G+-+Chrome.3G should work
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: Correct location/browser/connectivity settings for mobile test triggered via API?
Thanks for the answer Patrick, it saved me submitting every permutation of Dulles / Moto G4 / Chrome 3G to the API Smile

We've been working against Google's PWA Checklist and found WPT to be an excellent tool for identifying and resolving performance opportunities identified by Lighthouse tests.

https://developers.google.com/web/progre...e-from-toc

The Moto G4 devices accessible through the regular test web page flow are the perfect fit for the perf challenges we're usually looking at.

I realize this is a totally free service and extremely grateful but I've got to ask Big Grin

1) Could you expand the set of mobile devices available for API testing?
2) Alternatively, are there any vendors offering hosted WPT instances with mobile browser? I understand that we could host a private instance, but I'd rather just pay someone.

Thanks again for the wonderful service!
Find all posts by this user
02-28-2017, 02:06 AM
Chrome's DevRel team just purchased a bunch of G4's for me to deploy so they should become available to the API over the next couple of weeks (depends on when they come in and how long it takes me to set them up).

I'm not aware of anyone else running a WPT instance for public access (paid or otherwise) with physical devices. There are a few private instances that have them configured.
02-28-2017, 02:08 AM
I should probably also mention that Lighthouse is also coming to WPT sometime this quarter (fingers crossed) so you'll be able to run the full audit remotely and also get the traditional WPT waterfalls, filmstrips, etc.
03-01-2017, 03:08 AM
? Amazing new Patrick thank you!
Find all posts by this user
03-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Most of the devices are online now so Dulles_MotoG4 is now available with the API as well (same browsers as Dulles_MotoG).