Current time: 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice on my site.
06-25-2017, 04:32 AM
RE: Need some advice on my site.
" I am getting ready to move to inmotionhosting, not sure if this will fix the issue or not. "

As you are getting expert advice on more technical issues, I thought I should respond to your easier question.

InMotion has the benefit of NOT being owned by the Endurance International Group (EIG). Hosting companies taken over by EIG soon show significant performance hits and/or declines in Customer Support quality.

I know this from my experiences managing 70+ sites (my own and clients) with HostGator, BlueHost and Site5.

HG performed well and my reseller account was well-supported for a decade. A few months after EIG's purchase I found that my critical client sites were taking three to four times as long to download; two-second responses became 6-8 seconds! Waiting times for support lengthened considerably and the quality of first line CS declined markedly.

I could go on about Bluehost and Site5 but this reply is already too long. Suffice it to say, EIG is an asset stripper.

My suggestion is that you check out FastComet where I have moved my most critical sites. With the best TTFB numbers of any host I've tried, not being owned by EIG, and providing responsive, capable support techs - FC is a winner for me.

NB - I am definitely not an affiliate of FastComet or any other hosting company.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply