Current time: 03-25-2019, 07:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Document Complete and Fully Loaded
09-02-2009, 04:19 PM
RE: Document Complete and Fully Loaded
(05-13-2009 10:10 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  The Document complete time is measured to when the browser fires the onLoad event (technically it is when the browser object sends the DISPID_DOCUMENTCOMPLETE notification but it's right before the onLoad and in the c++ code).

Did anything else change? It does seem odd that the behavior of the flash code would change just by removing one of the elements unless it was somehow responsible for the asynchronous behavior. I'd probably look at what triggers the flash object to start loading it's elements and see if something around that may have changed as part of removing the other element.
Hi

You mentioned that DocumentComplete is fired when browser fires the onLoad event. Does it mean when the document starts to load, or the document completed loading?

My problem here is that I'm opening a pdf document in IE, and is using DocumentComplete to detect if the pdf has completed loading. However, it seems that the event is fired BEFORE the document has completed loading.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Document Complete and Fully Loaded - melB - 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM
RE: Document Complete and Fully Loaded - ethankoh - 09-02-2009 04:19 PM