Current time: 12-12-2017, 02:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What would you like to see implemented next?
Compare multiple tests against each other
Zoom in on waterfall
Simpler optimization results
Custom Headers and Cookies
Commenting on tests
Add more optimization checks
Improve the documentation
Something else (comment below)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to see next?
01-04-2011, 05:19 AM
RE: What do you want to see next?
That's prety much the top item on the list for the roadmap :-) We're planning on working on them in this order:

Chrome
Firefox
Android

The Android support might be worked on in parallel with Firefox because getting a mobile browser into the testing mix is pretty high priority as well. We're thinking we should be able to have at least basic testing support for most of them by summer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Pat,

that is a great roadmap. Wow, multi browser support. Awesome.
Android .... please put that one top of the list.
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
i would really love to see the following for the test agent machine:

- Somehow run the progams (urlBlast, wptdriver, etc.) as services so the agent system can be locked. I am setting up WPT internally so we can test applications that are still in Dev/Test and running an unlocked WPT agent with an admin account, connected to the corporate network without a screensaver is a big NO/NO for our security team ...

- also, support for Windows 2008 and/or Windows 7 / 64 bit ... i'm sure that has already been requested many times Smile
08-04-2011, 09:04 AM
(08-04-2011 08:50 AM)mverkerk Wrote:  i would really love to see the following for the test agent machine:

- Somehow run the progams (urlBlast, wptdriver, etc.) as services so the agent system can be locked. I am setting up WPT internally so we can test applications that are still in Dev/Test and running an unlocked WPT agent with an admin account, connected to the corporate network without a screensaver is a big NO/NO for our security team ...

Would they be happier if the machines were actually VM's inside of a locked ESXi container? The test agents work really well on VMWare so that is an option. I may be able to code around the admin permissions but the unlocked desktop is a necessity for doing actual rendering. We might be able to do something with a headless webkit browser but IE, Chrome and Firefox will need a real desktop for getting useful results (and video capture).

(08-04-2011 08:50 AM)mverkerk Wrote:  - also, support for Windows 2008 and/or Windows 7 / 64 bit ... i'm sure that has already been requested many times Smile

Yep, the only holdup is Dummynet. If you don't want to do traffic shaping you can run on 64-bit (you could use an external box or VM with a fixed profile if you don't test different speeds). I have it on my list to get the dummynet driver working on 64-bit windows.

Thanks,

-Pat
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Not really a request.
Just a request to keep up the good work.

tonight when I ran a page teste, noted the popup window to link to specific requests to investigate headers, content, etc.

KUDOS... well done.
I always was annoyed by having to open other tab to scroll down the page to get that info.

liking the work done here very much.
Thanks, muchly
Vince.
02-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Lol, there's no sneaking anything past you guys ;-)
02-23-2012, 03:11 AM
How about the Critical Path feature, that Pagespeed once had as a Beta, and somehow has vanished again?
Additionally I liked the information of from where the object fetch was invoked (i.e. HTML-Tag / example.js / example.css)

Best wishes,
Markus
02-23-2012, 04:35 AM
If you run a test with Chrome you will get the information about where it was invoked from in the request details (click on an item in the waterfall and look for "Loaded By".
03-10-2012, 05:29 AM
How about some reporting options... like an option to show median run based on Fully Loaded data instead of Document Complete? Smile
03-10-2012, 06:46 AM
(03-10-2012 05:29 AM)ME512 Wrote:  How about some reporting options... like an option to show median run based on Fully Loaded data instead of Document Complete? Smile

Not sure about median, but WPT integrates with Show Slow and you can keep all the metrics there:
http://www.showslow.org/Configuring_WebPageTest