Current time: 12-12-2017, 11:09 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What would you like to see implemented next?
Compare multiple tests against each other
Zoom in on waterfall
Simpler optimization results
Custom Headers and Cookies
Commenting on tests
Add more optimization checks
Improve the documentation
Something else (comment below)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to see next?
09-20-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What do you want to see next?
Do you have a mechanism to test video? Can WPT start showing metrics like initial buffer time, startup time, rebuffering ratio etc?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 06:07 AM
It would be nice to see a nice visual chart / graphic of the same elements we see in a waterfall chart, eg connection time, dns lookup time, download time, etc. Maybe as a pie chart? Or is that already somewhere and I have just been missing it?
10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I wish there is Opera browser included in test website performance.
04-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Agreed. I've been trying to set this up myself with Firefox and Firebug enabled, but it's proving to be a very frustrating experience.

What might prove to be a better solution is to run the result HAR through yslow and pagespeed and post to ShowSlow, instead of allowing the browser to do it. That way multiple browsers are all supported, and WPT controls which results are posted to SS.

Currently, when I do get something to autopost to SS, I get multiple entries for each WPT test that I run, rather than just an entry for the median result. It gets a little messy, since any outliers show up in SS and make it difficult to see trends over time.

(04-07-2012 08:20 AM)mverkerk Wrote:  For a Private Instance setup: ability to turn on firebug, yslow, pagespeed and dynatrace on the FireFox test agent and configure them to automatically send their results to a private showslow server?

We are working on automation of tests through WPT and it would be great if the WPT agents also ran the other tools & report those results to ShowSlow ...
04-02-2014, 06:35 AM
It's not completely clear what you want to achieve - is your goal to just send one WebPageTest result back to ShowSlow when you run multiple tests?

(04-02-2014 06:16 AM)davidefreeman Wrote:  Agreed. I've been trying to set this up myself with Firefox and Firebug enabled, but it's proving to be a very frustrating experience.

What might prove to be a better solution is to run the result HAR through yslow and pagespeed and post to ShowSlow, instead of allowing the browser to do it. That way multiple browsers are all supported, and WPT controls which results are posted to SS.

Currently, when I do get something to autopost to SS, I get multiple entries for each WPT test that I run, rather than just an entry for the median result. It gets a little messy, since any outliers show up in SS and make it difficult to see trends over time.

(04-07-2012 08:20 AM)mverkerk Wrote:  For a Private Instance setup: ability to turn on firebug, yslow, pagespeed and dynatrace on the FireFox test agent and configure them to automatically send their results to a private showslow server?

We are working on automation of tests through WPT and it would be great if the WPT agents also ran the other tools & report those results to ShowSlow ...
04-18-2014, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014 04:22 AM by pganti.)
It would be awesome for some kind of annotations to appear so that we can make notes on specific bars before sharing the waterfall with the others

Is there any "what-if" module to interact with the waterfall. I am looking for something similar to SPOF module. The use case I have is the following:

(a) Take a given waterfall and form a hypothesis that images are blocking the download and want to test it

(b) If I can have a way to "zero" out the download time of all the image bars and see how much the document complete line would be pulled in?

© Alternatively I want to remove the big pink bar and see what happens if I do NOT run any handlers associated with the specific event

You get the drift, right? I want to know what factors are the biggest bang for the buck.If image download/rendering does not affect onLoad then its probably a waste of time to optimize them
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
So the current behavior of WPT and ShowSlow is correct, IMO. The results displayed in SS reflect the 'median' result of all runs executed.

If I have enabled other performance tools in the active browser (YSlow, PageSpeed, and DT AJAX) and enabled upload to ShowSlow, I display each test run, even if it was not the 'median' value.

I'm able to work around this by setting up a 'dev' profile and encouraging my users to only execute a single test run on the 'dev' profile.

It would be awesome if WPT was aware of this additional monitoring and would manage the results from those additional tools, and the upload of those historical results to ShowSlow. I don't consider that a high priority, though.

(04-02-2014 06:35 AM)Sergey Chernyshev Wrote:  It's not completely clear what you want to achieve - is your goal to just send one WebPageTest result back to ShowSlow when you run multiple tests?
07-22-2015, 07:50 AM
Congestion window, chart of number of packets on timeline, TLS related checks (chain length etc.)
08-11-2015, 01:20 AM
Time to Interact (TTI)
08-12-2015, 04:04 AM
Perhaps this already exists, but I couldn't find it. I'd like to be able to specify the response time of a domain, à la the SPOF test, but without complete domain failure. It would allow one to see the effect of a sluggish domain response time on a page's load. This would have to be an amount of time added to the real response time if the real response time is less than or equal to the desired "slow" time. Not sure what would be the right thing to do if the real time exceeds the "slow" time. Wink