Current time: 12-19-2017, 02:44 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What would you like to see implemented next?
Compare multiple tests against each other
Zoom in on waterfall
Simpler optimization results
Custom Headers and Cookies
Commenting on tests
Add more optimization checks
Improve the documentation
Something else (comment below)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to see next?
09-02-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: What do you want to see next?
Not currently. You can share Chrome dev tools timelines that you record locally for one-off cases so I'm not sure how much value WPT could add: https://chromedevtools.github.io/timeline-viewer/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2017, 10:38 AM
I would like to see Chrome Security Warnings.

For example, if the website is not using HTTPS and the site has a password, credit-card or email field, then Chrome will display NOT SECURE in the address bar.

I think it would be useful to display this as an audit finding. I know it's not a performance metric, but it is a user experience metric.

I think this would be simple to build because Chrome will give an alert in the Console log.
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2017, 07:27 AM
FWIW, WebPageTest already captures the console log. If you go to the screenshot view (click on the screenshot thumbnail) any console log messages should be displayed below the screen shot. They are also exposed through the API.

The non-performance stuff I mostly push to Lighthouse (which can be tested with WebPageTest). If Lighthouse doesn't already check for that it would be worth filing a github issue.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2017, 11:32 AM
First, thank you for an excellent tool.

Currently, the impression given in the first results page at the top near the color-coded "First byte time", "Keep-alive", etc section for a particular page could be that everything is mostly OK, when in reality, the page may be a disaster from a user and loading point of view.

For example, this result:

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/17111...a143f722e/

Those color-coded results indicate most things are OK, when the page timed out after 145 seconds, there was 5.7 MB of stuff to download, and there were 1562 requests from 423 connections.

How about adding an "overall score" based on your "speed index" or "First interactive" or perhaps some weighted score of everything you track?

That would send a clearer message of the loading quality in cases such as this example.
Find all posts by this user