Current time: 12-14-2017, 12:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
< 0.5s load time (showing off)
07-07-2010, 08:43 PM
RE: < 0.5s load time (showing off)
(07-07-2010 08:41 PM)green-watch.org Wrote:  Looking at the page in question, http://www.thaindian.com, I can see YSlow is giving you a lower grade for the following reasons:

This page has 8 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
This page has 3 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
Grade F on Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Grade F on Add Expires headers
Grade B on Reduce DNS lookups

I am getting a score of 83 for your website by the way.

The only real discrepancy I see is the CDN score because the CDN detection algorithm is different between webpagetest and yslow.

Discrepancies in scores are because a different set of criteria and a different weight on each criterion.

Thanks for your reply.....it's not my website by the way, it is the guy who started this thread.....I just wanted to see how all A's sacked up against Yslow and saw a surprisingly low score.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Pagetest, PageSpeed and YSlow all have different core rules and weights for the grading. With Pagetest I was pushing to focus on just the key big wins that will really improve performance and that are just about universally applicable.

In this case, pagetest only recommends combining js and css that are loaded before start-render. Otherwise you might end up in a situation where you are pulling code from the bottom of your page and merging it in with blocking code in the head and actually doing more harm.

The CDN detection in Pagetest is also significantly better out-of-the-box. If you configure YSlow to know about your CDN you should see that score improve.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2010, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2010 10:25 PM by DJMorrisInc.)
(07-07-2010 10:00 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  Pagetest, PageSpeed and YSlow all have different core rules and weights for the grading. With Pagetest I was pushing to focus on just the key big wins that will really improve performance and that are just about universally applicable.

In this case, pagetest only recommends combining js and css that are loaded before start-render. Otherwise you might end up in a situation where you are pulling code from the bottom of your page and merging it in with blocking code in the head and actually doing more harm.

The CDN detection in Pagetest is also significantly better out-of-the-box. If you configure YSlow to know about your CDN you should see that score improve.

Please don't misunderstand my question....I actually like using this site to make adjustments versus Yslow, but I was just curious because I had never seen all "A's" on a speedtest here.
Find all posts by this user