Current time: 08-06-2020, 03:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN?
01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN?
Be the next Google or something and build your own network ;-)

Seriously building out a network and having servers in all those locations takes time, expertise and money.

But I'm really surprised by some of the results, I would have expected it to be better. 300ms+ is not great, not that it is terrible either.

That is the time it takes to send a query and reply from Australia to Europe, obviously multiple queries are involved, but still. That is a lot more than I expected.

I don't remember which one, but one of the DNS providers really sucked on the network in Vancouver, Canada.

Australia I can kind of understand, but even if the DNS provider doesn't have any nodes the in west of Canada you would expect it to be better than that. Being that close to the US for example.

Anyway.

There is only one way to improve it:
- create a beacon which reads navigationTiming (in IE9, Chrome and Firefox)
- put it in your site
- find large access providers networks from where DNS-resolution is always slow
- point it out to your DNS provider, ask them to find a way to do BGP-peering with that network
- most of the time wait months for them to build out their network (unless they are already on the right Internet Exchange as happends a lot in Europe)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN? - Lennie - 01-27-2012 12:00 AM