Current time: 10-25-2020, 03:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN?
02-01-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 11:06 PM by Lennie.)
RE: Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN?
Well, they have a free developer account, so that is nice.

I did some quick tests, they do publish their default Varnish rules in the control panel.

I'll need to learn more about how Varnish works to figure out if it is possible to create a website which can be pushed trough their CDN serving cached content for anonymous/new visitors and doing origin-pull for logged in users.

And how I can control from the origin-server how long something is cached.
Not that I could use it for running our whole site site on a CDN.

Because I remembered that frequent (logged in) visitors on our site have a cookie which is valid for a year and connected to the www.

So any CDN I would want to use any time soon for running the whole site on the CDN, I would need to (have the ability to and) make an exception for that cookie. Undecided
___

I always wanted to look more closely into Varnish anyway, so I might as well.

Although I had dismissed it as nginx has enough caching abilities to handle anything I would want to do with it (In the documentation of nginx I read you can even do similair caching to Varnish with nginx).

I've seen in some test nginx even comes out ahead of Varnish, that would be really disappointing if it is true.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN? - Lennie - 02-01-2012 10:26 PM