Current time: 04-25-2014, 12:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Desktop Version (WebPageTest) installation Problem
08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
RE: Desktop Version (WebPageTest) installation Problem
Hi
1. Question
The work directory defaults to "c:\web site\content\work\test"
No, it is not avilable. Please find the attachment of 'FolderDetails.JPG'

2.Question
i am not getting any test file over ther, please find the attachment of
'FolderDetails.JPG'

3.Question
"Actually i am looking for Desktop application, then why i want to run the web browser, I don’t understand, Sorry I am not getting how to do, please give any document for quick start.... "

Regards
Raja

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
What you have installed is not the desktop application - you are running a full web site testing system that is a clone of http://www.webpagetest.org. To do testing with that you need to install apache and php and configure it to point to the content folder.

This is WAY overkill for what it sounds like you are trying to do. The browser plugin is "pagetest" instead of "webpagetest" and you can download the installer here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pagetest...i/download

After it is installed, you will get an entry in IE's "Tools" menu for "AOL Pagetest".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi pmeenan,

Thaks for reply,
Now i can able to test the web page and getting waterflow and all through the aol plugin,

My expectation is has been fulfilled, Still I did not get the point why the urlblust.exe?

Anyway thanks lot for information

Regards,
Raja
08-13-2009, 01:03 AM
The other software you were running was for doing automated testing (urlblast.exe, etc) - it isn't for end-user use on a desktop.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-13-2009, 12:05 AM
This is Fransis.
Go download a copy. With it, you can choose to deploy it in a single machine configuration or you can opt to split the website away from the tester. This will allow you to setup a one website with multiple testers configuration.

The tester program needs the Internet Explorer browser, it will only work on a Windows platform. It tests by firing up the browser and recording the data as the page renders. The website however, being PHP can function within either Linux or Windows platform, but requires Apache 2.2+ with PHP 5 installed and mod_rewrite enabled.