Current time: 12-15-2017, 04:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tcpdump's now available
01-07-2011, 06:11 AM
tcpdump's now available
If you want to get a tcpdump along with your test data (for analysis in Wireshark or a similar tool) there is now a checkbox in the advanced settings that lets you request one.

I try not to look at them when I can avoid it but sometimes you really do need to see the raw packet flow, particularly if you're trying to prove to a 3rd party that they are having issues (or if you're a 3rd party trying to disprove it).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
RE: tcpdump's now available
I should probably mention that the tcpdump will show up as a link on the results page right below the load time for each test (to the left of the waterfall thumbnails).
05-15-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 12:22 AM by SundeepPundamale.)
I found the link to access tcpdump but that wouldn't work. It re-directs me to cloudshark with an error message:

Details: connect() timed out!
Please go back and try again, or contact CloudShark Support for assistance.

The tcpdump file has an extension .cap which i cannot open with few popular text editors. Tried to download the file and access it.
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2014, 12:31 AM
You can't read packet captures directly - they are a binary format. You need something like wireshark though if you're not already familiar with reading packet captures you're in for quite a learning curve (I highly recommend learning it though).

Not sure what happened with the cloudshark request - possibly a short-term outage. They basically provide a hosted version of wireshark.
05-15-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the pointers !! I am analysing the captures in Wireshark..
Find all posts by this user