Current time: 12-19-2017, 04:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customize Waterfall is not showing cached version
09-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Customize Waterfall is not showing cached version
I found this wonderful feature "Customize Waterfall" and unfortunately it's not allowing to customize cached results even though "&cache_Cached" is there.

Here's the test I'm working with:
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/090218...ls/cached/

Hope it's easy to fix - this feature is simply perfect!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2009, 08:10 AM
RE: Customize Waterfall is not showing cached version
All fixed, thanks for pointing it out - bug slipped through when I threw it together. I whipped that one up quickly because I needed to do some powerpoint presentations comparing before/after waterfalls and it was a royal pain to do manually.

I'll probably actually announce and document it better when I get a chance to polish it more but in the meantime it's really helpful for those of us that need to create decks :-)

Let me know if there is some other functionality you'd like to see in there as well. On the list to add is:

- allow for the legend to be included in the actual graphic (makes copy/paste a lot easier)
- allow for switching between regular waterfall and mime types
- allow for binning requests into "categories" which each gets it's own color (for distinguishing ads from content, etc)
- allow for highlighting specific requests

Lot's of things on the to-do list though (http://dev.webpagetest.org/webpagetest/report/6) so not sure how soon I'll be able to get to them (I expect as I need each feature for a presentation :-))

Thanks,

-Pat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2009, 10:54 AM
RE: Customize Waterfall is not showing cached version
(09-16-2009 08:10 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  I'll probably actually announce and document it better when I get a chance to polish it more but in the meantime it's really helpful for those of us that need to create decks :-)
Yep, that's pretty much why I was looking at it Wink
Find all posts by this user