WebPagetest Forums

Full Version: Mobile test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried to spoof the user agent through a script, like showed in the script documentation, but I receive different results from the mobile user agent localized in Dulles.

There is a way to obtain truthful results through spoofing? Or is it possible to install Mobitest agent into an emulator to interact with a private instance?
It depends. Spoofing will tell the server that UA string but javascript-based detection or css media style rules will not necessarily match. You usually want to also include setViewport to change the browser size to match but even then it's not exact.

Sure, you can install the Mobitest agents in emulators, they work fine there.
(02-13-2013 03:28 AM)Francesco7 Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it possible to install Mobitest agent into an emulator to interact with a private instance?

As Pat says, it's pretty straight forward - I got this up and running earlier this week, only issue I had was I needed to upgrade to WPT 2.9

Will write a blog post about it in the next few days.
(02-14-2013 07:00 PM)andydavies Wrote: [ -> ]Will write a blog post about it in the next few days.

Could you reply to this post when you write your blog post? I would be very grateful for that.
Sure, will probably be early next week.
Here's how I added iOS agents to my WPT instance http://andydavies.me/blog/2013/03/05/add...-instance/
I've tried to install the mobitest on an Android emulator with a Cyanogenmod image, I configured both the server (Windows server) and the emulators to interact each other, but when i poll the server with my private instance (webpagetest version 2.9), I get only the server datetime from apache. Can anybody help me?
What happens when you type http://your.wpt.server/getLocations.php into a browser?

Is the Android agent listed, if so what's it's status is it idle or processing jobs?
I've solved the issue after a lot of tries but now i have another problem: the tests agent does the test, it uploads the result but all the files it upload are empty and so on the private instance of wpt i get "First View: Test Data Missing". Taking a look to the raw object data, it contains only the names of the column.

Here are the settings of my private instance and of the test agent:

--Test Agent--
Job URL 1: the ip of my private instance
Unique Name: Android
Base Path: /data (i changed it because i don't know why but i can't mount the sdcard in rw mode)
I left all the other settings as default


Check your http://<server>/install/ page and make sure all of the filesystem permissions and post file sizes are ok. It sounds like there was a problem with posting the test results to your server.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's