MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WebPagetest Forums - plr element in RESTful APIs v2.10

WebPagetest Forums

Full Version: plr element in RESTful APIs v2.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using API v 2.10 plr element (packet lost rate) is empty in the output.
Based on that it can't be parsed as number.

Is it a bug, or it has to be enabled somehow in reguest? I can specify how the plr should be using custom connectivity profile. But it has no efect on plr at the output.


Here is output example produced by v.2.9
Code:
<response>
    <statusCode>200</statusCode>
    <statusText>Ok</statusText>
    <data>
        <testId>130129_CK_G</testId>
        <summary>http://10.0.2.221/results.php?test=130129_CK_G</summary>
        <testUrl>http://www.google.com/</testUrl>
        <location>IE</location>
        <connectivity>DSL</connectivity>
        <bwDown>1500</bwDown>
        <bwUp>384</bwUp>
        <latency>50</latency>
        <plr>0</plr>
        <completed>Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:38:04 +0000</completed>
        <runs>3</runs>
        <successfulFVRuns>3</successfulFVRuns>
        <successfulRVRuns>3</successfulRVRuns>
        <average>

and here same example produced by v. 2.10

Code:
<response>
    <statusCode>200</statusCode>
    <statusText>Ok</statusText>
    <data>
        <testId>130308_PF_C</testId>
        <summary>http://176.74.165.231/results.php?test=130308_PF_C</summary>
        <testUrl>http://www.google.cz/</testUrl>
        <location>IE</location>
        <connectivity>DSL</connectivity>
        <bwDown>0</bwDown>
        <bwUp>0</bwUp>
        <latency>0</latency>
        <plr></plr>
        <completed>Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:48:54 +0000</completed>
        <testerDNS>8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4</testerDNS>
        <runs>1</runs>
        <successfulFVRuns>1</successfulFVRuns>
        <successfulRVRuns>1</successfulRVRuns>
        <average>
Thanks

Pospa
Hmm, I don't think so (at least intentionally). The public instance is running 2.10 and appears to be working as expected: http://www.webpagetest.org/xmlResult/130308_2H_JY2/

I can force it to an integer value in case it's missing but a failcase that I can look at would help. Can you "publish to http://www.webpagetest.org" a test page where you are seeing the issue (may have to turn on the setting in settings.ini for it to show up on the results page)?
(03-09-2013 01:28 AM)pmeenan Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I don't think so (at least intentionally). The public instance is running 2.10 and appears to be working as expected: http://www.webpagetest.org/xmlResult/130308_2H_JY2/

I can force it to an integer value in case it's missing but a failcase that I can look at would help. Can you "publish to http://www.webpagetest.org" a test page where you are seeing the issue (may have to turn on the setting in settings.ini for it to show up on the results page)?

OK. Will do and let you know...
So I have enabled results publishing to webpagetest.org. But, do they realy running 2.10 or any nightly build? I did my best, but still unable to get any valui in plr element. :-(
To be clear, I am using URL blast to run a tests.
The result publishing just lets you manually publish a test if you want to share it (there will be a "publish to http://www.webpagetest.org" link at the top-right corner of each test. That lets you share a test from your private instance if you want someone else to see it.
(03-11-2013 11:03 PM)pmeenan Wrote: [ -> ]The result publishing just lets you manually publish a test if you want to share it (there will be a "publish to http://www.webpagetest.org" link at the top-right corner of each test. That lets you share a test from your private instance if you want someone else to see it.

http://www.webpagetest.org/results.php?t...03a3bf1b47
Any chance your connectivity.ini isn't present in your settings folder on the server (or it's still named connectivity.ini.sample)? It doesn't look like the DSL connectivity profile was actually used.
This is a copy of connectivity.ini content

Code:
[Native]
label="Native Connection (No Traffic Shaping)"
bwIn=0
bwOut=0
latency=0
plr=0
I'll have to look to see how the 0 bubbles through but it didn't look like it was in the test information at all. I believe it's because I force the others to integers but the plr can be a float.

You can try grabbing the latest runtest.php from svn to see if the fix I just pushed helps. That said, running a test as "DSL" pretty much requires a "DSL" setting in connectivity.ini.
oh, and if you don't want traffic shaping at all your best bet is to specify "connectivity=LAN" or something like that for each of the locations in your locations.ini. That will remove the ability to set a custom connectivity profile from the UI.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's