MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WebPagetest Forums - incomplete waterfall with firefox

WebPagetest Forums

Full Version: incomplete waterfall with firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Pat,

we observe strange behaviour of a simple test when measured with firefox (no matter which version).
The testscript:
logdata    0
logdata    1
In IE8+9 and Chrome results are like expected:

Same script, run with FF delivers reproducible incomplete waterfalls. Doc ready-time (which we are interest in most) could be correct. But there is a negative (?!) start render-time and we don't really trust in the measured doc ready-times...

we also tried the following:
  • replace navigate with click(AndWait) or exec(AndWait) with javascript
  • sleep 15 in front of logData 1
  • additional navigate in front of logData 1
Without any success.

Without logData 0/1 and combineSteps we have full waterfall of both navigates:

Any ideas?

Regards Nils

HINT: Please contact me to get the whole script of failing tests cause there are some cookies that should be set.
no idea?
Sorry, I was in the middle of reverting GPU support on the VM's which was on for about a week and wanted to see if maybe that was causing the issue. Do the tests look better now?

What are you expecting to see in the 2nd navigation?
I expect to see the second part of the combined-step-measurement: So approximately requests 98 to 142 of Or something similar to an IE-result of the same script:

Your new result is better in that it starts where we set logData 1, so with the second html-request. But the waterfall is still incomplete and the doc ready time of 0.873 secs isn't correct, too (would be great).
I've tested with different versions of the agent-(wptdriver-)components:
* agent-/wptdriver-version 77 (WPT 2.8)
* agent-/wptdriver-version 87 (WPT 2.9)
* agent-/wptdriver-version 96
* actual agent-/wptdriver-version 116

For the older versions 77 and 87 I had to downgrade FF to version 17 because with version 21 I just got blank page and tests didn't start.
I've incomplete waterfalls in all versions with the given script. The result-fie 1_IEWTR.txt on server already contains too less requets, so the measurement itself seems to start too late (after setting logData 1). It's definitely no problem with the newest version.
Reference URL's