MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WebPagetest Forums - EC2 AMI Server instance - auto update (2.18)

WebPagetest Forums

Full Version: EC2 AMI Server instance - auto update (2.18)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

The documentation for the EC2 Amazon AMI's states that the server and Agent check for updates hourly and auto update. I have the server version 2.16 set up on the Amazon cloud, i noticed that server 2.18 was released on Monday but my Server instance is still at 2.16. I checked it here - http://<server_ip>/install/
Just wonder if I understood the auto-update feature correctly or if I need to manually do something to get the update?
Thanks for your help!
Did you use one of the pre-configured server AMI's (these)? Assuming you didn't change the settings, it should be auto-updating from github hourly. There is a gitUpdate=1 setting in settings.ini that should trigger a "git pull origin master" hourly as part of the cron processing: https://github.com/WPO-Foundation/webpag...sample#L86

You can try hitting http://<server>/cron/hourly.php manually from your browser to trigger it. If it runs and updates then the cron isn't getting run as scheduled for some reason. If not then there's a problem with the setting or the updates.
i am using this AMI - eu-west-1: ami-9978f6ee

I have only edited settings.ini but not gitupdate setting, it is still - gitUpdate=1

I tried to trigger manually the cron job as you suggested but no joy.

I will try run the "git pull origin master" command manually and see if that gets me anywhere. I presume I will need to restart nginx?
I guess from looking at hourly.php that i need to run the git command in the /var/www/webpagetest/www folder?
Thanks
Shouldn't have to restart anything, just run the pull.
And yes, from the /var/www/webpagetest/www folder.
so after running "git pull origin master" this is the error i get

error: cannot open .git/FETCH_HEAD: Permission denied

Any suggestions on what I can try next?
Cheers

(07-23-2015 03:04 AM)darragh Wrote: [ -> ]so after running "git pull origin master" this is the error i get

error: cannot open .git/FETCH_HEAD: Permission denied

Any suggestions on what I can try next?
Cheers

I'm logged in as ubuntu@<ip> btw and i cant see a .git folder in there
the folders seems to be owned by - www-data

drwxrwxr-x 10 www-data www-data 4096 Apr 16 16:00 agent
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Oct 20 2014 batchtool
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Apr 9 15:07 bulktest
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Oct 20 2014 dist
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Nov 25 2014 docs
drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 22 20:36 .git
-rw-rw-r-- 1 www-data www-data 48 Jul 22 18:33 .gitattributes
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 472 Apr 9 15:07 .gitignore
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 47992 Apr 9 15:07 LICENSE
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 4607 Oct 20 2014 README.md
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Oct 20 2014 utils
-rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data www-data 7786 Apr 16 16:00 webpagetest.sln
drwxr-xr-x 30 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 22 20:36 www

i could only ssh on to the box as ubuntu. Can you give me the credentials to su - www-data ? I believe I might then be able to do a git pull origin master
Got it sorted by running the git commands as sudo!
Reference URL's