MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WebPagetest Forums - WPT does not load advertisements?

WebPagetest Forums

Full Version: WPT does not load advertisements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I'm analyzing my website performance under different advertisement providers (or even specific ads), as some of them take a lot of resources or a long time to load/render and affects end-users.
Does WPT prevents advertisements to load or are some endpoints blacklisted? I can't see the ad on the screenshots even after setting minimum test duration to 20 seconds.

Same issue repros on other sites (example: MSN.com https://www.webpagetest.org/result/160920_96_3Z5/). After 20 seconds, the test doesn't show ads either in screenshots or the video, yet loading it shows a top ad and a side ad after less than 10 seconds on my connection.

Is this by design? Am I missing something?
Try turning on the "preserve user agent string" option to avoid adding the PTST/ver string to the UA string. I know the AOL ad network for example doesn't serve ads when it sees it.
Reference URL's