MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WebPagetest Forums - CDN

WebPagetest Forums

Full Version: CDN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question. How does Webpagetest know if its using CDN?
When the optimization checks are done Pagetest does a DNS lookup for the host name (as well as a reverse-lookup on the IP) and checks to see if the hostname is a CNAME to a known CDN.

This way we can maintain a short list of known CDN domains and get broad coverage. If you're using a CDN that isn't detected just shoot me a note and I can get it added to the next release.

Thanks,

-Pat
(09-22-2010 04:09 AM)pmeenan Wrote: [ -> ]When the optimization checks are done Pagetest does a DNS lookup for the host name (as well as a reverse-lookup on the IP) and checks to see if the hostname is a CNAME to a known CDN.

This way we can maintain a short list of known CDN domains and get broad coverage. If you're using a CDN that isn't detected just shoot me a note and I can get it added to the next release.

Thanks,

-Pat

This one please Pat:
Host: cn.1.musicimg.ovi.com

:-)
Sure - looks like I'll need to add *.lxdns.comto catch it correctly. Who is the CDN provider (so I can add a comment with the domain)?

It will be included in the next update.

Thanks,

-Pat
(09-22-2010 10:00 AM)pmeenan Wrote: [ -> ]Sure - looks like I'll need to add *.lxdns.comto catch it correctly. Who is the CDN provider (so I can add a comment with the domain)?

It will be included in the next update.

Thanks,

-Pat

http://www.chinanetcenter.com/wangsu/english/index.htm

N
Thanks! Is there a way i can just add it myself?
Not yet. The list is currently maintained in the pagetest code itself. I'll probably add a facility to let it pull in an external list as well but it's small enough and hasn't changed frequently enough to be much of a problem to date.
Reference URL's