WebPagetest Forums
Integration with Selenium WebDriver - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Web Performance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Testing Tools/Services (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Integration with Selenium WebDriver (/showthread.php?tid=12404)

Integration with Selenium WebDriver - Seth - 07-14-2013 11:13 AM

Hi,

I am interested in writing some performance tests that use both Web Page Test and WebDriver.

Are there any tutorials that detail how this works? I found some information related to this by Michael Klepikov online at https://gist.github.com/klepikov/5457750 but there are no specifics on how to implement. I need some more details step-by-step instructions if they exist.

Basically I would like to measure the time it takes to download all the objects on a webpage and capture all the data in some type of data format. I wish to use Selenium WebDriver with Webpagetest API and write my tests using Java.

Let me know if you need any more specifics or have questions.
Thanks!
Seth

RE: Integration with Selenium WebDriver - pmeenan - 07-16-2013 11:39 PM

I don't think it's documented anywhere. Right now it is kind of cobbled together until I can provide a better interface for "pushing" a test result.

At a high-level it is faking a test agent by:
- Submitting a new test request to get a test ID allocated (call to /runtest.php)
- Run the webdriver test, extracting the dev tools data through the webdriver logging interface
- Uploading the test result to the allocated test ID (call to /work/workdone.php)

Hopefully that helps explain the flow that his code is going through. The plan is to eliminate the need for submitting a fake test request and to be able to push the test result directly.

RE: Integration with Selenium WebDriver - wheleph - 01-06-2016 02:50 AM

It's 2016 now and I'm wondering whether Selenium and WebPagetest can be easily integrated and whether this process is described anywhere.