WebPagetest Forums
Comparing Waterfall Results - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Comparing Waterfall Results (/showthread.php?tid=13478)

Comparing Waterfall Results - bahamut - 01-14-2015 04:01 AM

Hi,

I was curious if there is an easier or more straightforward way to compare the waterfall timeline results of 2 tests on the same URL. It appears that my test history only shows a "Compare" checkbox next to tests that included video capture; however, the test results I'm interested reside exclusively in the waterfall timeline.

It seems that when I can compare tests, there is a neat feature that allows you to scrub between 100% opacity for Test A's waterfall and 100% opacity for Test B's waterfall. This is great! I just need a better way of accessing this feature for my tests that did not include a video capture.

Is this possible at this time?

Thanks.

RE: Comparing Waterfall Results - pmeenan - 01-14-2015 05:28 AM

There isn't UI to select them but the same comparison page should work for tests that don't include video as well. Just drop their test ID's into the tests=... list of tests that are being compared.

RE: Comparing Waterfall Results - bahamut - 01-14-2015 05:53 AM

(01-14-2015 05:28 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  There isn't UI to select them but the same comparison page should work for tests that don't include video as well. Just drop their test ID's into the tests=... list of tests that are being compared.

Ah, perfect! Thanks, that's just what I needed.