WebPagetest Forums
Using a Private Instance for a production environment - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Private Instances (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Using a Private Instance for a production environment (/showthread.php?tid=13741)

Using a Private Instance for a production environment - djandreau - 05-26-2015 11:02 PM

Hello friends,

My company is looking at performance testing and I am developing some systems to do some testing on. I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of some documentation, or can explain to me how to use WebPageTest for a production environment. I understand that the timing metrics will be useless, but I am curious about the size of the webpages and their breakdown.

Any help on this would be appreciative!

RE: Using a Private Instance for a production environment - jonsummers - 05-28-2015 07:13 AM

(05-26-2015 11:02 PM)djandreau Wrote:  Hello friends,

My company is looking at performance testing and I am developing some systems to do some testing on. I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of some documentation, or can explain to me how to use WebPageTest for a production environment. I understand that the timing metrics will be useless, but I am curious about the size of the webpages and their breakdown.

Any help on this would be appreciative!

Be careful and change default passwords if you use any of the pre-made images from Amazon. They will get hacked.